While you can’t book more than one Genie+ reservation at a time, you can hold multiple Genie+ reservations at one time by utilizing the 120 minute rule.
When can you make your next Genie+ selection?
After you make a Genie+ selection, you will need to wait until one of these three things happens (whichever comes first):
- You scan in for your return time (both touchpoints if it has 2)
- Your return time window passes (you have a 15 minute forgiveness buffer if you’re late)
- It’s been 2 hours after the park opened or 2 hours since you booked your last Genie+ selection
How many Genie+ reservations per day?
You can book as many Genie+ return times as you can per day as long as long as you follow the rules mentioned in the previous section.
The amount of Genie+ selections that you can get through 100% depends on crowd levels, Genie+ Lightning Lane attraction availability, and your ability to find great return times for the Lightning Lane attractions on your hit list.
120 Minute Rule
You can book your first Genie+ return time at 7 am from home or from anywhere, as long as you have a park reservation. You don’t have to be close to the park in order to book your first Genie+ selection.
In order to book your next selection, you have to either scan into you first Genie+ selection, or wait 2 hours after the park opened.
Then from there, you can book and hold multiple Genie+ selections every 120 minutes.
Here are two common scenarios:
- At 7:00 am, you book a Lightning Lane return time for Space Mountain for 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Magic Kingdom opens at 9:00 am. Your 120 minute countdown starts from this point
- You can then make your next Genie+ selection at 11:00 am. At 11:02 am, you grab a 3:25 to 4:25 return time for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, thus starting your 120 minute countdown again.
- You can then book another return time at 1:02 pm.
- At 7:00 am, you book a return time for Kilimanjaro Safaris for 8:30 am to 9:30 am.
- Animal Kingdom opens at 8 am, so you head to the Safari and scan in at 8:30am
- You can now make another Genie+ selection
- You score an Expedition Everest return time for 9:15 am to 10:15 am
- After scanning into Expedition Everest at 9:20 am, you book a Na’vi River Journey return time for 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- At 11:20 am, your 120 minutes have passed and you can now start searching for another Genie+ selection
If you’re persistent in your search for quick return times on the My Disney Experience app, and have a little bit of luck, you’ll be able to score great return times using Genie+. But this depends entirely on how you can navigate and manipulate Genie+.
However, if the parks are very crowded and busy, the number of Genie+ return times that you book for the day could be lower than you expected. It’s not always the case, but it’s definitely something to remember.
So to sum things up…
You can only book one Genie+ selection at a time. But you can hold multiple Genie Plus reservations at one time as long as you follow the 120 minute rule.