Aulani is home to a cool snorkeling experience called Rainbow Reef which allows you to snorkel in a 3,800 square-foot man-mad lagoon and reef filled with colorful Hawaiian marine life like butterflyfish, angelfish, surgeonfish, tangs, and more.
But if that doesn’t seem as enticing as the real thing, Aulani is also located on Ko’Olina lagoon which is home to a beautiful reef ecosystem that you can explore.
Here’s a quick breakdown of how much it’ll cost to rent snorkeling equipment at Rainbow Reef and the beach.
Aulani Rainbow Reef Prices
Here’s how much it’ll cost to snorkel at Rainbow Reef:
- One-Day Access = $25 per adult or $20 per child.
- Length-of-Stay Access: $45 per adult or $35 per child.
Here’s how much it’ll cost to Supplied Air Snorkel (SAS) at Rainbow Reef:
- SAS experience = $45 per person for guests ages 8 and up
Lastly, here’s how much it’ll cost to do a 2-hour scuba diving lesson:
- Underwater Explorers = $189 per person ages 10 and up
Aulani Beach Snorkel Set Rental
If you’re looking to make your beach day even more fun, then renting a paddle board, snorkel gear, boogie boards is definitely an option worth considering.
Here’s a quick price rundown of how much equipment rental at Aulani’s beach costs:
- Snorkel Set = $25 per day for Aulani guests
- Boogie Boards = free for Aulani guests
- Stand-up Paddleboards = $45 per hour
- Sand Toys = free for Aulani guests
And in case you were wondering, here’s how much it costs to rent chairs, loungers, and umbrellas at the beach:
- Beach Chairs and Umbrellas = free for Aulani guests
- Beachside Casabella = $80 per day (same-day reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis for use between 8 am to 5 pm)
You can rent all your beach equipment as well as book any casabellas or sailing excursions at Makiki Joe’s which is located on Ko Olina Beach, adjacent to the Waikolohe Valley pool area. Hours of operation are from 8 am to 5 pm with the last paid rental at 4:00 pm.
Aulani Sailing Canoe Adventure
There is also a 2.5 mile Sailing Canoe Adventure that you can book when at Aulani’s beach:
- Hawaiian Sailing Canoe Adventure = $119 per person (ages 4 and up). Children ages 3 and under are free. Prices doesn’t include tax or gratuities.
This bucket list worthy experience can only be booked in-person at the Aulani Makiki Joe’s Beach Rental desk.
Looking to plan a trip to Aulani?
Check out this in-depth guide that’ll breakdown how much an Aulani stay would cost including room, food, and activities.
Aulani Equipment Rental FAQs
Snorkel sets costs $25 per day for Aulani Resort guests, which can also be used at Rainbow Reef.
The Hawaiian Sailing Cano Adventure costs $119 per person (ages 4 and up) and free for children ages 3 and under.
Yes, boogie boards are free to rent for Aulani Resort guests.
You can rent snorkel sets from Makiki Joes located on Ko Olina Beach.
Yes, towels are free, as long as you show your Aulani resort guest pool wristbands.
No, you must first get towels in the pool area and bring them down to the beach. Or you can bring your own towels.
Leave a Reply