Discovering the enchantment of Disneyland’s iconic rides is a magical experience for visitors of all ages.
As you embark on a journey through the magical realms of Disneyland Resort, one crucial aspect to consider are ride height requirements and restrictions.
Whether you’re a thrill-seeker, a parent planning a fun family park day, or simply curious about all of the attractions, understanding these guidelines ensures a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
While there are over 45 attractions across both Disneyland Park and California Adventure that don’t have any height restrictions, there are a few rides that do have a minimum height requirement.
In this article, I’ll list all of the height restrictions at both Disneyland Park and California Adventure, providing essential information for families and thrill-seekers alike.
Height Requirement for Rides at Disneyland Park
Here are all of the rides at Disneyland Park that have a height requirement. If a guest doesn’t meet the minimum height, they can not go on the ride.
- Autopia – 32 inches (81 cm) or 54 inches (137 cm) to ride solo or as a supervisor
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 40 inches (102 cm)
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster – 35 inches (89 cm)
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – 42 inches (107 cm)
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – 38 inches (97 cm)
- Indiana Jones Adventure – 46 inches (117 cm)
- Space Mountain – 40 inches (102 cm)
- Star Tours The Adventures Continue – 40 inches (102 cm)
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – 40 inches (102 cm)
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure – 40 inches (102 cm)
Here are all of the rides and attractions at Disneyland Park that do not have a height requirement meaning it’s open to guests of all heights and ages.
- Alice in Wonderland
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes
- Disneyland Railroad
- Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- Frontierland Shooting’ Exposition
- Haunted Mansion
- “it’s a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- King Arthur Carousel
- Mad Tea Party
- Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mark Twain Riverboat
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Sailing Ship Columbia
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Snow white’s Enchanted Wish
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
Height Requirement for Rides at California Adventure
Here are all of the rides at Disney California Adventure that have a height requirement. If a guest doesn’t meet the minimum height, they can not go on the ride.
- Goofy’s Sky School – 42 inches (107 cm)
- Grizzly River Run – 42 inches (107 cm)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT – 40 inches (102 cm)
- Incredicoaster – 48 inches (122 cm)
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters – 32 inches (81 cm)
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree – 32 inches (81 cm)
- Radiator Springs Racers – 40 inches (102 cm)
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Cliff Hanger Traverse Rock Climb – 42 inches (107 cm)
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Hoot n’ Holler Log Slides – 32 inches (81 cm)
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail Sequoia Smokjumpers Training Tower Zipline – must be between 42 to 63 inches and over the age of 13
- Silly Symphony Single Swing – 48 inches (122 cm)
- Silly Symphony Swings Tandem Swing – 40 inches (102 cm)
- Soarin’ Around the World – 40 inches (102 cm)
Here are all of the rides and attractions at Disney California Adventure that do not have a height requirement meaning it’s open to guests of all heights and ages.
- Animation Academy
- Golden Zephyr
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sully to the Rescue
- Pixar Pal-a-Round (Swinging and Non-Swinging)
- Redwood Creek Challenge
- Sorcerer’s Workshop
- The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Web Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure
Disneyland Ride Height Requirement by Height
Here’s a list of attractions based on certain height requirements.
- Disneyland = DL
- Disney California Adventure = DCA
No Height Requirement
- Check out this full list of attractions that do not have a minimum height requirement.
32 Inches / 81 Centimeters
- Autopia (DL)
- Luigi’s Rollicking’ Roadsters (DCA)
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree (DCA)
35 Inches / 89 Centimeters
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster (CL)
38 Inches / 97 Centimeters
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (DL)
40 Inches / 102 Centimeters
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (DL)
- Space Mountain (DL)
- Splash Mountain (DL)
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue (DL)
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT (DCA)
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish (DCA)
- Radiator Springs Racers (DCA)
- Soarin’ Around the World (DCA)
- Silly Symphony Swings (DCA)
42 Inches / 107 Centimeters
- Matterhorn Bobsleds (DL)
- Goofy’s Sky School (DCA)
- Grizzly River Run (DCA)
46 Inches / 117 Centimeters
- Indiana Jones (DL)
48 Inches / 122 Centimeters
- Incredicoaster (DCA)
54 Inches / 137 Centimeters
- Autopia – driving alone or with someone between 32 and 54 inches
What’s the fastest ride at Disneyland with the lowest height requirement?
The fastest ride at Disneyland with the lowest minimum height requirement is Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster with a top speed of 22 mph and a height requirement of 35 inches. This is followed closely by Radiator Springs Racers with a top speed of 40 mph and a height requirement of 40 inches or taller.
What Disneyland Ride has the tallest height requirement?
Incredicoaster at Disney California Adventure has the tallest height requirement at 48 inches.
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great time at Disneyland Resort!
Disney Park Height Requirements
Here are the height restrictions for the other Disney Parks around the world: