One of the best things about EPCOT is that it is now home to festivals almost all year-round.
Whether if you’re just starting to plan a trip for the upcoming year or you just wanted to build an EPCOT itinerary for next week, this guide will help you navigate the fun and delicious festivals throughout the year.
Here’s everything you need to know about Epcot festivals.
2023 Epcot Festival Calendar
- December 31st, 2022 through January 12, 2022 – No Festival
- January 13, 2023 through February 20, 2023 – Epcot International Festival of the Arts
- March 1st through July 5th, 2023 – Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival
- July 27th through November 18th – Epcot International Food and Wine Festival
- (TBD) Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
Some of these dates are not confirmed so most of this information is for planning purposes only. As Disney officially announces their festival dates, I’ll be sure to update this post accordingly. Thanks!
What to Expect at Each Epcot Festival
Here is everything you can expect to find and experience at every Epcot Festival:
- Food and Drink Booths: you’ll find temporary booths around the park that are used exclusively for selling seasonal and festival-specific food and drinks
- Merchandise: every Epcot festival has their own unique merch
- Scavenger Hunt: every festival has a fun paid scavenger that will send you throughout the World Showcase in order to get a prize once you complete it
- Show/Performance at America Garden Theater: during the festivals, you’ll find live music and performances from local and world renown artists, bands, and actors/actresses
Festival of the Arts
Celebrate the creation of art and cuisine.
During this festival, you’ll be able to experience delicious food booths that features items made with a creative twist.
Plus, the Festival of the Arts features a Disney On Broadway concert series.
If you love art, then you’ll love this festival.
International Flower and Garden Festival
An annual springtime festival that features brilliant garden, topiary displays of your favorite characters, outdoor kitchens, and world-renowned entertainment.
This is probably my favorite festival.
International Food and Wine Festival
A mid-year festival that takes you on a taste tour across 6 continents.
During the Food and Wine festival, you’ll get to experience the most food and drink booths of any Epcot festival as well as the extremely popular Eat to the Beat concerts that features some of the most popular, world-renowned musical artists and bands of the last few decades.
Festival of the Holidays
A spirited seasonal even that’s inspired by cultures around the world. During this festival, you’ll be able to partake in a Holiday Cookie Stroll which is when you need to get your festival passport stated at certain booths once you buy one their booth-specific cookies.
Plus, this festival is known for its Candlelight Processional which is the retelling of a Christmas story by a famous narrator and a choir with orchestra.
Is it worth it visiting Epcot during a festival?
Personally, I think a festival is what makes Epcot great.
Sure you can visit during a time that doesn’t have a festival, and this is when you can generally expect lighter crowds around World Showcase, but festivals just brings in amazing food and drinks booths as well as some world-class entertainment.
Epcot Festival Tips
Here are a few tips and general things you should consider before you visit Epcot during festival season:
- Go early and avoid the evenings: as soon as dinner time rolls around, Epcot becomes a mad house
- Avoid the weekends: these are always the busiest days
- Avoid the first and last days: these days are so busy and you’ll see so many bloggers, vloggers, and creators
- Research the food and drinks ahead of time: there are so many booths and food options that it’s usually best to get a general idea on what you want to go after first
- Grab a passport: this will be your best friend as it lists all of the booths and their options
- Don’t only order from the booths: sure there are going to be a lot of unique food and drinks, but that doesn’t mean you need to skip out on some snacks and drinks that make Epcot amazing