It’s worth it if you live in Florida, are an Annual Passholder, and/or love to eat at Disney World restaurants.
But before I do so, here’s a quick refresher about Tables in Wonderland.
So what is Tables in Wonderland?
Tables in Wonderland is a discount card that you can purchase every year that will provide you with exclusive restaurant discounts and perks. As of today, that discount is 20% off all food and beverages, including alcohol at participating restaurants.
Tables in Wonderland Benefits
Benefits with your membership include:
- 20% discounts on food and beverages including alcohol at participating restaurants.
- Special dining offers
- Theme park parking for dining purposes
- Access to members-only Food and Wine events, celebrity chef dinners, and other events throughout the year.
- Free valet parking (discontinued for right now due to Covid)
Things to note:
- The discount is good for up to 10 people including the member as long as everyone is on the same check and the member is paying for the meal
- If you have a card and your partner has a card, you can cover up to 20 people.
- Both Tables in Wonderland members must live at the same address and be at least 21 years old.
- An 18% gratuity will be added to your bill regardless of party size.
Why is Tables in Wonderland worth it?
If you’re like me and love to dine at the wide array of restaurants on Disney World property, then getting a nice 20% discount is a great way to save some money while also enjoying a delicious meal.
Honestly, just the free resort valet parking alone will cover the costs in 5 restaurant visits.
And since gratuity is already included (18%), you’re essentially getting your tip covered with the 20% discount. Not bad if you ask me.
Here’s who it’s for.
- Anyone who dines at Disney Restaurants frequently.
- Locals or Florida residents
- Anyone that takes multiple trips to Disney World every year and isn’t on the Disney Dining Plan.
Here’s who it’s not for.
- Someone who’ll only use it once or twice a year. (You seriously won’t get your money’s worth)
- Cast Members because your discount is so much better. Sure you have more restrictions and rules like how you can’t use your discount until after 8 pm at ‘Ohana. But honestly, the fact that you can get 40% off at some restaurants is such a better deal.
My Tables in Wonderland Review
Honestly, Tables in Wonderland is such a great deal mainly because I can get my money worth just through the valet parking alone.
I mean seriously, the last thing I want to do is sweat my butt off having to park at the back of the Boardwalk Inn parking lot when trying to dine at Flying Fish Cafe. Instead, I can just valet my car, and when I return, show proof that I ate at Flying Fish or any other Boardwalk Inn restaurant, and it’s covered.
Plus, getting a 20% discount on my entire meal, along with any alcohol such as a glass of wine, is pretty great too.
Now there a few shortcomings.
One is that when a new restaurant opens up, chances are that your Tables in Wonderland card won’t be accepted there immediately. It will eventually, but it takes a couple weeks or months.
Second, many of the restaurants at Disney Springs don’t accept it, and that’s usually where some of the newer ones tend to pop up too.
Third, the blackout dates are pretty annoying which include Thanksgiving, Mother’s Day, Easter Sunday, Fourth of July, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve. So, if going out to eat on a holiday is your type of thing, this card won’t work.
And lastly, with this ongoing pandemic, the restaurant offerings and perks have been limited.
How much is Tables in Wonderland?
For Florida residents, the membership costs $175 a year.
For Disney Annual Passholders, the membership costs $150 a year.
To replace a lost card, it will be $50.
How much do I have to spend in order to break even?
For Florida Residents, you’ll have to spend $875 at restaurants to recoup the cost of the membership.
For Annual Passholders, you’ll have to spend $750 at restaurants to recoup the cost of the membership.
But trust me, it seriously won’t take long to recoup the costs. That’s like 5 or 6 meals for couples, easily. Less if you have a bigger family.
How do I purchase a Tables in Wonderland membership?
To purchase a Tables in Wonderland membership, please call (407)-566-5858 or email them at WDW.Tables.In.Wonderland@Disney.com
You can also purchase this at Guest Relations in Disney Springs.
What restaurants participate in Tables in Wonderland?
Here’s the most accurate, official listing of participating Tables in Wonderland restaurants.