The Disney Wish Concierge rom are some of the most spacious and luxurious rooms aboard the ship that comes with plenty of perks and additional benefits compared to normal staterooms.
These concierge level rooms included access to the massive private sundeck as well as a spacious lounge that features food and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) available exclusive for concierge guests.
Here’s an in-depth review and rundown of the Concierge Staterooms, Sundeck, and Lounge, as well as some perks you can expect to receive during embarkation and on the ship.
Disney Wish Concierge Lounge
Compared to the other four Disney Cruise Ships, the Concierge Lounge aboard the Disney Wish is an incredible upgrade.
The lounge is MASSIVE and features plenty of seating, tables, as well as a full bar.
Plus, let’s not forget about three highly raved about coffee machines, two fully stocked fridges, and a display of rotating food, snacks, fruits, and dessert.
There was also an outdoor seating area which was very peaceful and comfortable during the sea day especially with the light breeze.
At no point during the trip did the lounge feel packed or uncomfortably busy. The only time it was full was during the first hour of happy hour. But other than that, it was very calm and peaceful inside the lounge.
And once you needed to get some sun, you could help upstairs and make your way to the private sundeck.
Here’s a quick walkthrough of the lounge:
Disney Wish Concierge Sundeck
I truly loved the concierge sundeck aboard the Disney Wish.
The sundeck featured plenty of lounge chairs, shaded and unshaded, as well as some cool circular lounges throughout.
There was also two separate hot tubs, two showers, and a wade pool which was a great way to cool off.
Towards the front of the lounge, you will find a full bar as well as two complimentary smoothie dispensers, one of which features a delicious Dole Whip smoothies.
And if you needed a refreshing beverage, just grab one from the full stocked fridge.
The sundeck was such a peaceful area to relax and get some sun. There was an adults-only area at the rear of the ship that featured in infinity pool, but it was always packed. And to be honest, that area didn’t seem as relaxing and spacious as the private concierge sundeck.
Here’s a quick video walkthrough of the sundeck:
Disney Wish Concierge Benefits and Amenities
By staying in a Concierge level stateroom on the Disney Wish (or any other of the 4 Disney Cruise Ships), you get access to some amazing perks and benefits available exclusively for Concierge guests.
Here are all the things you can expect to receive by staying in a Concierge level stateroom aboard the Disney Wish.
Pre Arrival Services
Disney’s signature Concierge services begins before you board the ship by providing you with some cool benefits before you even step foot in Port Canaveral.
- You can pre-reserve many of your onboard activities and services online up to 120 days prior to your sail date.
- You can also email or call the Concierge team and inform them of your preferences 130 days in advance that way you can almost guarantee an activity or dining reservation. The 130 day window is especially handy when trying to reserve a Cabana at Castaway Cay.
- The Concierge team can help you plan every detail of your cruise such as Port Adventures, reservations for adult-exclusive restaurants like Palo or Enchante, spa treatments, nursery stays, dining room seating requests, and special occasions/celebrations.
Once you arrive at Disney’s cruise terminal at Port Canaveral, you have a few perks and benefits that most guests not staying in Concierge staterooms have access too.
- You can arrive at any time after 11 am
- Once you drop off your bags and park, you have access to a dedicated Concierge check-in line which normally has less than 4 people in it.
- As soon as you go through security, you are immediately greeted by a Cast Member that will take you towards the back of terminal and into a private waiting area. Then from there you will be brought onto the ship.
As soon as you step on ship, that’s when the Concierge magic truly shines.
- After the amazing Cast Members announce your arrival into the stunning atrium, you are directed towards a private lunch available only for Concierge Guests. (Our lunch took play in the Roy Disney dining room in the 1923 steakhouse.
- During your lunch, a member from the Concierge team will greet you and go over your pre-booked itinerary as well as take requests to help you book additional activities or excursions. (As soon as we spoke to ours, we asked for a Hyperspace Lounge reservation and she got us a reservation the next day at a reasonable time).
- You get exclusive access to to dedicated areas around the ship such as the Concierge Lounge located on deck 12 and the private sundeck located on deck 13.
- Inside the Concierge Lounge, you’ll find complimentary food, snacks, appetizers, refreshments, and some of the best coffee aboard the entire Disney Wish
- You’ll receive complimentary beer, wine, and spirits from 5 pm to 8 pm (10pm on the first day) daily inside the lounge.
- On the private Concierge Sundeck, you’ll have access to two hot tubs, lounge chairs, a full bar, two showers, and a wading pool, not to mention complimentary raspberry or Dole Whip smoothies.
- Early access to the Walt Disney Theater for shows. 35 minutes before the doors open to everyone else, Concierge guests can head to a private entrance on deck 2 which is where a member of the Concierge Team will escort you to the theater and allow you to choose your seats before everyone else.
- Complimentary fresh popcorn before shows and movies at the refreshment stands when you show your Gold Key to the World Card.
- Private dining tables. As a Concierge guest, you won’t have to share your table with any other parties at any of the three rotational restaurants.
- 24 hours of continuous basic surf internet packages for everyone 18+ or older
- On disembarkation day, there is also a continental breakfast along with specialty coffees and other beverages.
When it comes to saving time, the biggest perk is using the Concierge disembarkation service.
- From 7:15 am to 8:15 am, you can meet a member of the Concierge team in the lounge and they’ll escort you down the elevators towards the mid ship which is where you can essentially cut the exit line and get off the ship quickly. This is a massive time saver especially since when you catch the elevator on deck 12, one of the Concierge team members will make the elevator express meaning you won’t have to stop on every floor down to the 3rd.
Disney Wish Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Review
During our cruise, we decided to book the second cheapest room which was the Concierge Family Stateroom with Verandah located on Deck 13. The cheapest option was a similar room minus the balcony.
Here’s a photo and video tour of our Concierge Stateroom aboard the Disney Wish:
I absolutely loved the fact that this room came with a King size bed, which is a major upgrade compared to other Disney Cruise ships which only have queen sized beds.
There is also a single convertible sofa, upper-berth single pull-down bed, and a single wall pull-down bed.
The shower was spacious and didn’t feel cramped. Even at 6’1″, the shower was more than adequate.
The toilet room was a little tight but that’s how most cruise ships are.
I loved the mini-fridge that came fully stocked on day 1. However, since your housekeeping team doesn’t refill it daily, you just need to pop into the lounge and grab a few bottles of your favorite sodas or beverages.
The balcony was a decently sized but I didn’t really sit out there too much because it was very humid in August. Plus, since we were starboard side (left), we couldn’t’ see Castaway Cay or Atlantis Nassau from our room.
The room featured the following:
- The room sleeps up to 5 and is 296 square feet including the verandah (balcony).
- Custom premium plush euro-top mattress as well as 1000 thread count, 100% cotton linens.
- Down duvets as well as a pillow menu that features hypoallergenic, feather, and therapeutic memory foam pillows
- Personal robe an slippers
- Mini in-room safe
- Mini drawer refrigerator
- Hair dryer
- 43″ tv
- USB and USB-C ports
- Patio furniture
- Childproof locks
This was a pretty standard room without anything too fancy.
I thought the size was perfect, bathrooms were updated, and the living area was actually pretty spacious and nicely equipped.
But to be honest, we were almost never in the room so it was nice not paying thousands of dollars extra for one of the many suites.
My only complaint was that it was a little tight squeezing your way past the bed towards the living area of the room. But that was such an extremely minor inconvenience.
When it comes to choosing a floor, I really liked 13 because there seemed to be less foot-traffic in the hallways than deck 12 which had the main entrance to the lounge. Plus, since 2 of the 4 elevators only go to deck 13/14 with the other 2 going to 11, you sometimes find yourself having to either go up to flights of stairs or waiting for another elevator that takes you to deck 13.
Being on deck 11 seems to be okay mainly because you’re on the same level as the pool and food options. But honestly, I think I’ll stick with 13.
Here a video room tour of our Concierge Stateroom with Verandah:
Staying in a Concierge level room aboard the Disney Cruise Line Wish feels as though you’re on a completely separate cruise than every one else.
From the spacious concierge lounge and sundeck, to all the benefits and perks that you get to enjoy on and off the ship, staying in a Concierge stateroom is definitely worth the money if you’re someone who prioritizes time, space, and peaceful relaxation.
It’s definitely comes with a heftier price tag but I do believe that paying the extra money for any concierge level room on the Disney Wish is well worth it.
Just make sure to drink and eat your money’s worth and you’ll be fine.
Disney Wish Concierge FAQs
Complimentary alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, and cocktails are available during happy hour which typically runs from 5pm to 8pm daily. Although their is a full bar on the sundeck, they do not offer complimentary drinks throughout the day.
The lounge is open from 7am to 10 pm daily.
Concierge Guests receive 24 hours of continuous basic surf internet. Once the 24 hours is up, you have to option to purchase 1 or 3 internet packages, the highest featuring streaming capabilities.
The private sundeck is available exclusive for guests staying in a concierge level stateroom. The only way to access the lounge and sundeck is through the lounge entrances on both the 12th and 13th floor. You must first scan you Gold Key to the World Card.
Instead of picking up complimentary bags of popcorn from the concierge lounge, you can now flash your Gold Key to the World Card at the refreshment stands before any movies or shows and enjoy freshly popped popcorn.
There is a wade pool but it’s no suitable for swimming. The closest pool is located on deck 14 right above the sundeck.
For a 4-night cruise in the concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom, it costs $4,987 for two guests on average. Prices vary based on time of year. See more example itineraries prices here.
Absolutely. Yes, kids are allowed in the concierge lounge and sundeck.
Yes, there is an accessible version of every 1-story Concierge stateroom. You can see our walkthrough of an oceanview accessible room here.
So has the happy hour changed? On all concierge cruises I’ve taken in the past on DCL, happy hour has been daily from 5p-10p.
So on our cruise, the hours fluctuated weirdly. The first night went until 10 pm but the other 3 ended at 8 pm. Maybe it was just our cruise where the hours varied
Kind of crazy questions but can/will they turn those loungers around on the sundeck so you could sit and look out over the ocean? Were there ever any bloody mary drinks offered during the day? Did the sundeck bar only offer the smoothies through the day? Did it also offer mixed drinks in the evening? Was the sundeck crowded? Didn’t look like a lot of loungers for the number of rooms–would I have to be up at 5AM to snag one? Thanks so much for your help!